My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.
What do you think of that quote from George Washington? When I first read it, I thought two things:
1. I hope someday my kids will say that about me! (please let them forget the yelling, the chores, the tasteless dinner experiments gone wrong ?)
2. That certainly applies to my own mom–and I’m so grateful for her love and upbringing.
So, we’re celebrating MOM this month and whether you are a mom or have a mom, EMOTIONS rule the mom/child relationship.
When it comes to essential oils, you might have heard this saying:
There’s an Oil for “That”
Well, in celebration of Mother’s Day, here are some recommendations for the “that”, which moms OR their KIDS might need help with. Essential oils for moms of every kind!
There’s an Oil For That…”Mom”:
🌸 Sentimental Mom:
- cries when reading Mother’s Day cards
- keeps every school paper that’s ever come through the door
- favorite accessory=tissues
- Bergamot: instill harmony/soothe
- Grapefruit: to brighten/cheer
- Rosemary: for memory
🌸 Guilt-Inducing Mom:
- expert at leading questions (missed her calling as an attorney)
- has perfect (-ly bad) timing
- memory like an elephant…but still LOVES YOU! 💗
- Forgive blend (a blend with herbaceous/woody notes) : to release guilt/lay down burdens
- Frankincense: to balance/bring perspective
- Sandalwood: to uplift/de-stress
🌸 Busy-Bee Mom:
- color codes her scheduler to keep on top of all activities
- the go-to helper for the PTA, booster club and scout leaders
- favorite phrase: “Let’s GO!”
- Vetiver: to relax/bring down to earth
- Balance blend (a blend with floral/woody notes): to calm/ground
- Peppermint: to energize, invigorate
🌸 Overwhelmed Mom:
- goes to the bathroom to just have a moment alone (although she will be interrupted!)
- eats toddler leftovers for lunch
- can’t remember the last time she put on earrings
- Peace blend (a blend with floral/minty notes) : to relieve anxious feelings/unrest
- Lavender: to relax/ease tension
- Clary Sage: to support female chemistry
The funny thing is, EVERY mom wears many hats and probably has fit into each one of these descriptions at different times (There are some days when I’ve run the gamut of all of these within 24 hours!)
Remember, wherever you are today in your mom journey, it’s OKAY!
If you’re the adult kid of one of these moms described, open up one of these “essential oils for moms” recommendations and apply some to both you and MOM! ?
Cheers to the all the moms out there! Your legacy is your love. 💗
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease.