This post is just going to be between you and me, okay?
Woman to Woman, let’s get to some girl talk about a little secret that will not only help you feel like you’re channeling the power of the love goddess Aphrodite, but might be what finally converts YOUR MAN to getting on board with these “woo woo” essential oils. Yes, I’m talking about essential oils for lovers.
Here’s a little word to get their ears perked up, heart rate rising and uhhhh… blood flowing.
Now, you might already be using essential oils for general health and mental wellness, but you can also take them out of your medicine cabinet and put them next to your bed for equally good use.
I’m talking about the SEXIEST oils for your love life, essential oils for lovers.
These ten love potions can have a mind-blowing effect on your intimate relationship-even before you’re between the sheets.
Listen, Sister. I totally get it. After a long day of cubicle-ing, kid-pooling around town, the last thing on our minds is turning into a sex bomb when your husband’s trying his best seduction eyes on you. It’s not that we don’t want it, it’s more like a shower and a decent night’s sleep sounds way more attractive!
Luckily for us, there little bottles of love can help you get into a love-ready state even after a day of totally unsexy diaper duty.
Why Scent is Scintillating:
Listen Ladies. Hardware is one thing, but the software is what makes things GO. Your brain is the software for your sex drive. When the brain is engaged, the body goes along for the ride. Heck, to take it one step further, when the brain is engaged, the body’s the one jumping in the driver’s seat, revving the engine!
Of our 5 senses, none engages our brain software as immediately and primally as the sense of smell.
Now that I’ve aroused your interest, let me share some sexy science:
Research shows that odor and scents influence mood, affect hormone level, stirs our memories and even the associated feelings with those memories. You see, located behind the nose is the olfactory bulb with is part of the brain’s limbic system.
Still with me?
The limbic system supports adrenaline flow, long-term memory and motivation. Ready for the sexy part?
More importantly, it is interconnected with the nucleus accumbens – also known as the brain’s pleasure center. BA-BAM! That’s some sexy science hitting the spot! (if you know what I mean!)
So, let’s just sum it up with some sensual math for you:
scent + your brain’s software + your body’s hardware = aye Papi!
Bring these love aromatics into your boudoir by rubbing a few drops into the pillows, diluting the oils with water to make a lovely linen spray or filling the room by scenting the air with an essential oils diffuser.
One to try: the Mood Maker Blend…
Now, how about turning on another one of the senses for maximum arousal? Combining TOUCH and SCENT is a sure-fire way to get the hardware and software humming along together.
What’s better than a lover’s touch? Imagine long light strokes sending chills across the body and firm squeezes that get the blood flowing and…uh, is it hot in here or is it just me?
Start with a silky carrier oil like sweet almond, cocoa butter (melts instantly in heat. Bonus: the smell of chocolate is a known aphrodisiac) or grapeseed oil. Add in any of the “oil-phrodisiac” essential oils for lovers mentioned below and explore this whole mind-body science experiment all the way to the Big Bang.
Bonus Download: Sexy Oils Cheat Sheet
Essential Oils for Lovers:
Bonus benefit: If your man has been apprehensive about essential oils (skeptic-much?), this is a sure-fire way to not only convert him to the power of oils, but he’ll be placing the order HIMSELF!
We’ve already established the connection between scent and the brain’s response, which in turn manifests physically. So, which are the most e-scentual oils? There are quite a few to play with, but here are some of the most popular to get the love light burning.
Now, I’ve got you all fired up to try these:
- A sweet citrus scent.
- Relaxant and releases tension.
- Excellent in a massage oil blend.
- Dilute with fractionated coconut oil to boost the big O!
- *Bergamot is photosensitive. Keep out of the sun, if applied to skin.
- order Bergamot
- Fresh, mildly spicy, woody smell.
- Warming and increases blood circulation.
- Stimulates the reproductive system.
- May improve sexual functions. Dilute well with a carrier oil! Apply to the bottom of the feet or diffuse.
- Blends well with Bergamot
- order Black Pepper
- Exotic, pungent, spicy scent.
- Enhances libido. Awakens sensuality and encourages intimacy.
- Warming and uplifting. Dilute thoroughly!
- Blends well with Cinnamon and Ylang Ylang.
- order Cardamom
- Sweet and spicy aroma. Increases sexual desire.
- Warming, improves circulation and increases blood flow. Another sensitizing oil that must be well diluted with a carrier oil-use caution! You’re looking for heat, not burns!
- order Cinnamon Bark
- Spicy, sharp, slightly sweet smell. This sensitizing oil should be well-diluted in a carrier oil if applying topically. (*test skin for sensitivity-use caution!)
- Energizing, warming. Tones the nervous system to diminish anxious feelings regarding sex.
- Increases circulation and gets the blood flowin’.
- order Ginger
- A masculine woody, minty aroma. Stimulant properties.
- Increases mental alertness (and now we know when the brain is aroused, the body follows).
- Improves circulation sensitivity to touch.
- Blends well with Wild Orange.
- order Rosemary
- Musky, earthy, grounding odor; you either love it or hate it!
- Awakens sexual energy, relaxes, brings emotions into harmony.
- Mixes well with Bergamot.
- Diffuse in the air or use with a carrier oil for sensual massage.
- order Patchouli
- Warm, woody odor.
- Increases libido and sexual response.
- Clears and opens emotional centers.
- Helps relieve anxious feelings or timidity.
- order Sandalwood
Whisper: Blend for Women
This is a special oil blend for women, exclusively available from the only oil company I trust. (click here to find out why I choose doTERRA)
It entices the senses and combines with your personal chemistry to create a unique personal fragrance.
Oils included in the blend are Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, Patchouli, Vanilla, Jasmine, Cinnamon Bark, Labdanum, Vetiver, Hawaiian Sandalwood, Cocoa Bean and Rose. I love the exotic, musky aroma, which includes many of the “oil-phrodisiacs” on this list. Use as you would any perfume, or diffuse in your room.
- Fresh, citrus scent. Think of it as your “happy” oil.
- Lifts libido. Eases frigidity. Boosts mood in general.
- Rub between the palms and inhale deeply.
- *Wild Orange is photosensitive. Keep out of the sun, if applied to skin.
- order Wild Orange
- An intoxicating floral aroma. Calms anxious feelings. Eases frigidity.
- Balances male and female energies. Aphrodisiac.
- Blends beautifully with Bergamot and Sandalwood.
- Apply topically to the back of the neck, back of the knees and wrists.
- Spritz on linens.
- order Ylang Ylang
Ultimate Lovers’ Potion:
What’s the ultimate love potion? Well, like everything else, it all comes down to preference. The fun part is experimenting with which of these essential oils for lovers will ignite you and your partner’s passion!
Keepin’ it Real.
Synthetic fragrances (candles, incense, perfumes, etc.) do not work in harmony or affect your body systems in the way pure essential oils do.
Remember, what you put on your body, goes into your body, so use only the highest quality pure essential oils. To find out the only brand I trust for purity and potency, click here.
The goal is to enhance the mood, but safety FIRST! Essential oils are potent and care should be taken, especially with the spicier oils. Here are the rules!
Dilute essential oils when using topically with carrier oils such as almond, grapeseed, or fractionated coconut oil. Avoid contact with sensitive areas, including the eyes and other mucous membranes. If contact does occur, flush with any pure carrier oil or milk to disperse and dilute the oil.
For most applications, 1-2 drops of oil is plenty!
Now go have some fun oiling your Valentine up! Let me know in the comments what is your favorite essential oil for lovers love potion!