Rose essential oil is finally here! The new doTerra Rose Touch is lusciously fragrant, but this oil isn’t just a “pretty face”.
Because if Rose was a superhero, it’d be Wonder Woman. A powerful beauty!
In this Touch rollerball version, precious Rose oil is optimally pre-diluted with Fractioned Coconut oil.
This helps trap the delicate volatile compounds from evaporating and helps to hold the oil deeper and longer in the tissue.
But, how can something so sweet and delicate be so powerful?
Well, hiding behind that enchanting exterior is a powerful force of nature that is as brainy & brawny as it is beautiful.
Rose Essential Oil Superpowers
- luscious, lingering scent that helps uplift mood. Turns your blues into a rosy outlook! Roll onto pulse points and directly under the nose.
- improves skin imperfections & promotes even skin tone. Apply directly where needed. (for the over 40 club, that means everywhere!)
- boosts the romance factor. Rose helps you relax and get in the mood. New lyrics suggestion for Bon Jovi:
“I want to lay you down in a bed a dōTERRA Touch roses”…cuz actual rose petals is kinda impractical and messy.
Brains + Brawn:
- high in phenols, which have cell protecting and antioxidant qualities (Rose is on par with other powerful phenols, like Oregano & OnGuard)
- stimulates feelings of happiness & contentment after childbirth
- helps the body naturally release the desire for pain medication
- high in alcohols (not the cocktail kind ;), which are calming to tissues and support healthy immunity
- supports healthy rejuvenated nerves
- roll along the spine and bottom of the feet to positively affect the central nervous system
- rub onto kids’ neck & back to promote heathy brain activity
- apply to relieve lower back pain during pregnancy
- opens the heart chakra, awakening love, compassion and nurturing. Apply over the heart.
Rose Oil Staying Power:
Like Wonder Woman, this oil has endurance!
If you’ve ever rubbed the petals of a rose between your fingers, you know that fragrance (which is the essential oil), lingers. It might even feel a bit waxy, and that’s exactly why oil is unique in its staying power.
Let’s get a little science-y for a minute.
doTERRA’s Rose contains a combined average concentration of 25-35% alkanes. This is the highest concentration of any essential oil!
This matters, because other essential oils contain less than 1%! So, any concentration over 1% is a major ingredient!
Alkanes are heavy and less volatile (remember, the waxy feel of the petals?), so this is what helps Rose oil stay put, longer and stronger!
End result: the divine scent and therapeutic action of Rose oil is long lasting.
Want more nerd-tastic research about Rose oil? Read on here.
Rare, Unique, Radiant Rose:
Rose essential oil is not only precious because of its superhero abilities, but also because getting it is highly labor intense.
The species used in doTERRA’s Rose Touch is Rosa damascena, which has the highest therapeutic properties. It takes about 242,000 freshly picked rose petals to produce 5mL of Rose essential oil!
Because the petals are so delicate, the entire distillation process must take place the same day the flower is harvested.
It’s no wonder Rose is considered the queen of essential oils!
doTERRA Rose Touch Fact Sheet:
Get your own dōTERRA Rose Touch oil
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. None of the products mentioned are intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.