The number one New Year’s Resolution made each year is some version of getting fit and healthy. Whether that means working out more, eating better or losing weight, we’ve all made this goal!
I have a bad habit of “mindless eating”. Or to be more precise, “procrastination eating”.
My SAHM and WAHM sisters, know what I’m talking about!
Somehow we think there will be a MIRACULOUS RESOLUTION to that task (calling the insurance company/finishing a blog post/doing the laundry/writing a report) we are putting off…and that answer just might be in the refrigerator!
No miracle? Ahhh, well, might as well finish off yesterday’s half eaten sandwich from the kid’s lunch and that lonely last brownie. #whydidijusteatthat
This year, I’m going to work on facing the stuff I’m avoiding, rather than trying to drown it out by a 2 minute rendezvous with a slice of cold pizza.
Weight Management: The Wrong Way
Back to New Year’s Resolutions, growing up as a dancer, “fit & healthy” wasn’t just a yearly goal to make and break a few weeks later. I faced it every day during hours of practicing, looking at the mirror at myself and fellow dancers.
Not only did this affect my self image at the time, it took me many (MANY!) years to get over my weight obsession.
Once I moved into ballroom dancing, life was beautiful! My size, weight and body structure was a perfect fit; and I started to become comfortable and confident in my own skin.
But starting off in ballet, my body image had some serious baggage to overcome.
And it led to trying plenty of unhealthy tactics to try and force my body into the “approved” version of the perfect image. Including experimenting with many weight loss products (and starvation!). What a disaster!
Weight loss supplements are typically loaded with some form of caffeine, diuretics, herbal cocktails (many end up being recalled by the FDA), and/or stimulants, which for me, caused heart palpitations, anxiety, racing heart and mind, and fainting.
Weight Management: The Right Way
After a rather embarrassing incident of passing out during a dance event, I vowed I’d never use weight loss supplements again.
Now that I’m older (and wiser!) I know that healthy weight is managed with the right healthy diet, exercise and sleep!
But, still there are times when one could use some help staying on the healthy band wagon.
Like when one is looking to become a bit more….. Slim & Sassy.
So, of course, you’re wondering….
Are there essential oils for weight management? Why, YES! Hello Slim & Sassy!
Slim & Sassy
There are two reasons I love Slim & Sassy:
1. It has absolutely NO stimulants, caffeine or exotic herbal cocktails——zero crazy side effects! It is a blend of 5 pure essential oils: Grapefruit, Lemon, Peppermint, Ginger, and Cinnamon.
2. It works! These beautiful oils are extracted from plants with unique qualities that help promote metabolic support and reduce cravings.
What’s in it? Just these 5 beautiful essential oils:
Grapefruit and Lemon: have a high limonene content, which helps to cleanse and purify the body.
Peppermint: works wonders on cravings—especially for sweet tooths! Peppermint is also excellent to help with digestive support.
Ginger and Cinnamon: promote healthy digestion and metabolic support.
How to use Slim & Sassy
1. Slim & Sassy Essential Oil: This blend contains the 5 above-mentioned oils—nothing else!
- Add a couple of drops to your stainless steel or glass water container and drink throughout the day.
- Mix 2-3 drops in your meal replacement or protein shake (like TrimShake)
- Stir one drop into a shot glass of water and toss it back about 30 minutes before a meal (or party!) to control overeating.
- Add 2 drops of a mug of hot water for an energizing tea
- More info here!
2. Slim & Sassy Softgels: a convenient way to use Slim & Sassy without messing around with the oil bottle, or for those who don’t like the taste. Simply take 3-5 softgels throughout the day. More info here.
3. Slim & Sassy Chewing Gum: each piece of gum contains one drop of Slim & Sassy oil. Chew one to help stave off cravings.
Sugar-free and sweetened with natural sweeteners. More info here.
The New, Healthier YOU
Looking back, my previous weight loss tactics haven’t always been smart. Maybe you’ve done the Babyfood Diet, slept in a sauna suit or have one of these babies in the back of your closet:
Hey, don’t be ashamed! We’ve all been sucked into something by a hot model and the promise of
four three easy payments.
Moving on, now, I’m working on being fit AND HEALTHY.
Because sure and steady wins the race! 😉
Cheers to a Happy, Healthy New Year—may it be your best yet!
Ready to get Slim & Sassy?
Get your essential oils for weight management.